Happy 2012! I can't believe how time has gotten away from me, seeing as though my last entry was in October 2011 and today is the 23rd of January. Among the exciting things that kicked off the New Year:
- New J-O-B (Director of Government Affairs for the National Association for the Self-Employed: www.nase.org)
- Booked a pre-wedding trip to the British Virgin Islands to celebrate the marriage of great friends
- Locking down the last few details to our own May wedding (taco truck anyone?)
- Officially picking up golf as a hobby, received my first set of clubs for Xmas
And, of course, never one to sit still in the last 23 days, I have been racking up the FF miles:
- Manchester, NH (first presidential primary experience!)
- Dallas, TX (work trip and squeezed in a short visit with my adorable nephew Anthony!)
- Ithaca, NY (sorority. word.)
- Ithaca, NY (yeh, this isn't a typo, I have actually traveled to Ithaca, NY twice in one month!)
Upside of a ton of airline travel? I got some valuable reading time in. Two books I would recommend:
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (I loved the book, my good friend Madi liked it. Let me know what you think!)
- Rawhide Down by Del Quetin Wilber (Fascinated to discover that this is only the 3rd book written about the Reagan assassination, a quick, easy read of what is a defining moment in 20th american history).
I am also in the midst of reading the Mr. and Mrs. Darcy mysteries by Carrie Bebris, which I am finding absolutely delightful! Who wouldn't want to know what happened once Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett were married???
What are you reading in 2012?